It has happened countless times before, but I’ve had the intention to be an active daily blog poster this week, since everything else around me decided to stay put and do/be nothing.
Some personal highlights:
- I won’t be going to the US for company-sponsored training any time soon. Details end here.
- Site re-design AGAIN. I’ve always liked what the 3 column layout does to efficiently order content, and ads. I just wish I had the time and pratical know-how to optimize this. Alex King’s site was the ultimate convincing factor.
- The cameras I put up to sell are both sold. Thanks Jill and Ronald.
- I was advised to try to get the old family camera I’ve never seen used repaired. Its an all-auto rangefinder camera, the Minolta Hi-Matic F. Its not in the best condition, but Flickr buddy Gary has an impressive set of what this camera can do.
- I mentioned the Sigma DP1 digital camera to the RFilipinas, and most were impressed as to how sweet and rangefinder-y it looked. But, even if the Imaging Resource guys tell you it is -even if the Sigma representative doesn’t correct the interviewer- IT IS NOT A RANGEFINDER CAMERA,Â dammit (YouTube link). They did cover everything else quite nicely though, including the gargantuan Sigma APO 200-500mm F2.8 EX DG lens (YouTube link) I posted about before.
- I bought CDs of local artists who I wholeheartedly believe deserve support: Paramita, Sound, and Up Dharma Down. Yes, sirs, this is, admittingly, after repeated listening to their songs as downloaded mp3s.
- Rachael Yamagata’s 2004 album Happenstance is record of the week. Lyn, this is your fault.
- The list of post-rock records I’m listening to now is ridiculously long, but I still can’t get over Explosions in the Sky’s All Of A Sudden I Miss Everyone record. Watch them perform everyone’s fave song from the album:
- Nothing. I’m keeping up with old Aqua Teen Hunger Force (ATHF!) episodes though, anticipating the movie.
In tech, and the internets:
- Still on XP at home, not properly set up for Vista yet, and I’m waiting for the April 19 release of Ubuntu’s Feisty Fawn, before I multi-boot again. Hopefully, with sound (I don’t get sound by default with the Dapper Drake LiveCD with the current rig).
- ZeFrank’s last show will be released tomorrow. Must-watch.