Last day of my work week, and partly in honor of Zefrank’s Ride the Fire Eagle Danger Day, here’s a couple of things in US news to bowl you over:
- FOX News Blames Democrats For Iran Captives. Please tell me the video makes sense, because it looks so surreal to me.
- Moscow sources have predicting that a US strike against Iranian nuclear installations codenamed Operation Bite has been scheduled for April 6 at 4 AM until 4 PM local time (source). Another article on the topic. No, I’m not out to spread paranoia; like paranoia isn’t already rearing its ugly head. And a no again is my answer to the question if I believe it.
- U.S. Unprepared For Oil Supply Crisis: Government Report (source). Someone on the Digg thread the US then should rely on technology. Ok, great, but I’ve additional news for ya: U.S. falls from first to seventh place in global information technology ranking . Why? Because “the U.S. decline was mainly due to the relative deterioration of its political and regulatory environment” according to the World Economic Forum.
Sorry if it had to be from the Digg feed. I’ll try to expand my US news sites horizon next time.
And for local news:
- â€˜Keep up good work,â€™ Arroyo tells deployed Metro troops. Besides medical missions and construction of schools, etc., can they make public a copy of what exactly the message of the military is to everyone else? Just to make sure this isn’t just a timed smear campaign against anyone who doesn’t agree with the administration.
- â€˜Gunmanâ€™ ni Satur pumiyok! All this type of news has to be synched into election time, of course.
- Here’s a user-generated, election-related graphic I can’t seem to put a finger on. Funny and annoying at the same time.
- And the taxi driver who got me to work is vehemently complaining that traffic EVERYWHERE is getting worse because of the election campaigning.