Caught a replay of RockStar INXS. Some thoughts:
- Dave Navarro is losing cred with every show he does.
- This reality-show format is tired, and heavily uninspired. American Idol is about thrice more interesting, really.
- INXS does not make it to any of my signigicant-bands-of-decades-ago lists. Do they on yours?
- The contestants are too bland, and borderline talented. This is really nothing but a pop singer’s contest that’s plugged-in with some distortion.
- Song choices are cringe-able. Next episode, expect ‘Heart-shaped Box‘ rendered by staple arena-rockstar posers, icky Lenny Kravitz-alikes. Pwe.
- I’m supposed to fill this line with a better choice for a band to find a frontperson for, but I can’t think of one.
I’ll probably watch this mass-manufactured kitschy crap anyway, but definitely not when pro-wrestling is on.
It’s a slow da today, highlighted by the planning the week’s menu (Does anyone have a simple beef tripe-based goto recipe? Leave a comment!), and tonight’s cooking of oxtail kare-kare.